This creamy pasta dish with salmon and broccoli tastes like a real treat, but is ready in record time!
For convenience, I used frozen salmon fillets, and simply defrosted them in a bowl of cold water for an hour before starting the meal preparation.
I used fresh fusilli, as I couldn’t find dry pasta (lockdown life hey?) but this would also work with dry pasta of any variety, including linguine.
- 300g pasta
- 2 salmon fillets
- 200g broccoli florets
- 284ml double cream
- 100ml dry white wine, or use stock if preferred
- 25g butter or spread
- 1 onion, diced.
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions.
- In a large pan, fry the onion in a little oil for 2 minutes.
- Add the white wine.
- Add the salmon, cover and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Remove the salmon and place in another bowl to one side, flaking it with a fork.
- Simmer the liquid in the pan reducing it to approximately 45ml.
- Add the butter and the broccoli to the pan and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add the cream to the pan, stirring. Cook for 5 minutes to allow broccoli to cook through.
- Re-add the salmon.
- Add the pasta to the pan, stirring.
- Serve immediately!